Home to dozens of incredible all-inclusive resorts, Jamaica is the perfect place for a romantic, stress-free destination wedding and honeymoon. If you’re interested in getting married in Jamaica, look no further! Here is all the information you need on the best resorts for Jamaica destination weddings.
Jamaica is one of the most popular spots for destination weddings, for good reason. Not only is it an incredibly gorgeous island, with almost 700 miles of beautiful beaches, but it’s extremely affordable and offers all sorts of activities, from water sports to golfing to nightlife.
Each of these resorts offers a variety of destination wedding packages that can be customized to create your dream wedding in Jamaica.
Sandals South Coast Resort (Whitehouse)
Nestled in a 500-acre wilderness preserve on a quiet two-mile stretch of pristine beach, Sandals South Coast is an adults-only all-inclusive resort that exudes romance and sophistication, with three distinctive European villages. It also features:
- Swoonworthy overwater bungalows (set around a heart-shaped walkway!) with private outdoor soaking tubs
- Swim-up suites with private plunge pools in the world’s first Rondoval village
- Luxurious all-oceanfront rooms and suites
- 9 restaurants and 7 bars (including 2 swim-up bars and 1 overwater bar)
- An overwater wedding chapel
- Private candlelight dining for two
- 3 pools
- Unlimited watersports and scuba diving
- Activities and nightly entertainment including live music
- Local adventure tours
- Bonfire areas and fire pits
- Beach volleyball, land sports, and state-of-the-art fitness center
- Full-service spa
Sandals Resorts offers “Customizable Weddings,” including an option that is free with a minimum stay of 3 nights. This includes a wedding planning team; bouquet and boutonniere; 5×7 wedding photograph; wedding cake; table settings of white linen, silver, and crystal; cocktail reception with sparkling wine and hors d’oeuvres; marriage paperwork; romantic turndown service on the first night of your honeymoon; breakfast in bed the first morning; and a honeymoon dinner.
If you stay 7 nights or longer, you get Premium Perks, and if you book 5 or more guest rooms, you can add extras like a sangria bar or lobster wedding dinner. You can also create a completely custom wedding celebration by choosing from a wide variety of options and ceremony locations—including an incredible overwater wedding chapel.
Couples Swept Away Resort (Negril)
Quiet elegance meets lush tropical paradise at this adults-only all-inclusive located on world-famous Seven Mile Beach in Negril with its stunning white sand and turquoise water. Couples Swept Away is great for active couples; set on 19 acres, it offers Jamaica’s largest fitness complex, as well as:
- 312 suites in classic Caribbean bungalow-style buildings with private balconies (some with hammocks), including oceanfront suites just steps from the beach
- 24-hour gourmet dining
- Dance classes, beach volleyball, piano singalongs, beach bonfires, nature walks, and nightly entertainment
- Unlimited water sports and scuba diving, golf, and tennis
- Catamaran cruises
- Area excursions
- 6 restaurants and 8 bars (including a swim-up bar)
- 3 swimming pools and 5 jacuzzis
- Full-service spa
- 10-acre fitness complex including 9 tennis courts, pickleball courts, racquetball and squash courts, a basketball court, aerobics, yoga, saunas, steam rooms, a lap pool, a jogging track, and a fully equipped gym
At Couples resorts, there are several destination wedding packages for brides to choose from. For example, the complementary “One Love Package” includes a personal wedding planner, choice of location on the beach or in tropical gardens, sparkling wine and a wedding cake serving up to 6 people, a bridal bouquet and groom’s boutonniere, a professional photographer and one 8×10 print, wedding officiant, and marriage certificate.
Other wedding packages are available if you are looking to add guests or additional services. Couples regularly have specials that can include extra resort credits, airfare credits, and discounted rates for destination weddings.
Half Moon (Rose Hall, Montego Bay)
This luxury oasis set on 500 acres is perfect if your guests include a larger group or families, as it truly has something for everyone: gorgeous beaches, a championship golf course, an equestrian center, a tranquil spa, and a children’s village, in addition to the usual water and land activities. Oh, and it also has Jamaica’s best restaurant, the Sugar Mill, which features a modern take on traditional Jamaican cuisine. Half Moon offers several options including all-inclusive packages, and it has:
- 3 different resort experiences offer rooms, suites, and beachfront villas with private pools that can host families or large groups
- 3 private beaches
- A family-friendly pool with a swim-up bar, a saltwater infinity-edge pool overlooking the ocean, and an Olympic-sized lap pool
- Golfing, horseback riding, water sports, tennis, squash, beach barbecues, and live local music in the evenings
- 3 fine-dining restaurants, several bars and cafés, and a beach barbecue with nightly entertainment; private dining is also available
- Fitness center
- Full-service spa including an outdoor yoga pavilion, steam rooms and saunas, a private pool, gardens, and meditation labyrinth, and an overwater bungalow for the ultimate in relaxation
Half Moon’s team of wedding planners can assist you in designing the celebration of your dreams; they say “no request is too great or too small,” and they specialize in creating unique occasions, so this is the perfect spot if you have something particular in mind.
Jamaica Inn (Ochos Rios)
An intimate retreat with a famous history (Marilyn Monroe honeymooned here!), this boutique hotel was named one of the most romantic places to stay in the world by Condé Nast Traveler. Set along an idyllic stretch of pristine beach, this peaceful oasis offers several options including all-inclusive plans and features:
- Spacious oceanview suites with private balconies, beachfront cottages, and beach bungalows
- Beach watersports, yoga, croquet, and local excursions (plus nearby tennis, golf, windsurfing, sailing, scuba diving, and horseback riding)
- Gourmet restaurant, seaside casual restaurant, beach bar, and cocktail lounge
- Daily afternoon tea and evening cocktails + hors d’oeuvres on the terrace
- Private dining, either beachfront or on your balcony/patio
- Swimming pool
- Oceanfront full-service spa with cliffside salt water bath
- Exercise room and library
Jamaica Inn’s “Elope in Paradise” wedding package starts at $1500 with a 5-night minimum stay and includes a ceremony on the manicured lawn overlooking the Caribbean (with spectacular sunsets), onsite wedding coordinator, minister, photographer, bouquet and boutonniere, wedding cake, sparkling wine for toasting, private candlelight beach dinner for two, and a couples massage. You can also plan a completely personalized wedding with their experienced staff, from intimate celebrations to a party with 100 guests.
Beaches Negril Resort and Spa (Negril)
A great option if your guests include families with younger children, this laidback all-inclusive resort has tons of kids’ activities but still offers elegant luxury in a gorgeous setting. Located on the widest stretch of Negril’s Seven Mile Beach, Beaches is—you guessed it—all about the beach, with oceanfront bars, restaurants, and pools (as well as a waterpark), and:
- A variety of rooms and suites, including beachfront family suites with butler service
- 3 freshwater pools and 3 whirlpools
- 10 gourmet restaurants, 7 bars (including swim-up bars)
- A teen and tween nightclub
- Scuba diving, watersports, beach volleyball, basketball, tennis, and pool tables
- Pirates Island waterpark and lazy river
- Sesame Street character appearances
- Kids programs and Xbox play lounge
- Fitness center
- Spa treatments
- Daily and nightly entertainment
Beaches Resorts also offer “Customizable Weddings,” with the same options as Sandals Resorts, since they are part of the same company. The free wedding package you get with a minimum stay of 3 nights includes a wedding planning team; bouquet and boutonniere; 5×7 wedding photograph; wedding cake; table settings of white linen, silver, and crystal; cocktail reception with sparkling wine and hors d’oeuvres; marriage paperwork; romantic turndown service on the first night of your honeymoon; breakfast in bed the first morning; and a honeymoon dinner.
If you stay 7 nights or longer, you get Premium Perks, and if you book 5 or more guest rooms, you can add extras like a sangria bar or lobster wedding dinner. You can also create a totally personalized celebration by choosing from their long list of options.
Excellence Oyster Bay (Montego Bay)
This secluded adults-only resort located on a private peninsula marries an elegant Victorian-style design with modern luxury. The Excellence Oyster Bay offers:
- Personalized service
- Oversized ocean view and oceanfront suites with private balconies or terraces plus rain showers and jacuzzi tubs for two
- Beach villas with private pools
- Rooftop honeymoon suites with private terraces and plunge pools
- 5 swimming pools and 4 outdoor spas
- 9 international restaurants plus casual dining options and a coffee house
- 11 bars including a swim-up pool bar and a beach bar
- 24-hour room service
- Fitness center
- Watersports, scuba diving, yoga, dance lessons, and nightly shows
- Full-service spa and beauty salon
“From extravagant and opulent affairs to simple barefoot ceremonies on the sand, the perfect destination wedding awaits in Montego Bay,” says Excellence Oyster Bay. Their expert wedding planners will take care of every detail, ensuring a stress-free, magical celebration. You can choose from “an array of options to suit every taste and budget” to create the destination wedding of your dreams here.
Secrets Wild Orchid (Montego Bay)
Set on a peninsula with over a mile of white sand beachfront, this romantic all-inclusive resort promises “Unlimited-Luxury” and unparalleled pampering. It features:
- 350 spacious British colonial style suites with hot tubs and private balconies or patios
- 4 pools and hot tubs, including an infinity-edge pool on the ocean
- 7 gourmet restaurants, a buffet, a grill, and a café; private dining is also available
- Multiple bars including a beach bar, a music lounge and sports bar, a piano bar, and a swim-up bar
- 24-hour room service
- Land sports, scuba diving, watersports, boat tours and deep-sea fishing, yoga, dance and cooking classes, area excursions, and live entertainment
- Secluded spa
- Access to sister resort Secrets St. James
Secrets offer complementary and custom wedding packages ranging from Weddings in Paradise ($999 or free with a minimum stay) to Beyond Memorable ($11,999 for 80-100 guests). You can choose from a wide variety of options for your celebration and multiple ceremony locations: two wedding gazebos, a plaza, an elegant ballroom, or more locations at the neighboring St. James resort.
Azul Beach Resort Negril by Karisma (Negril)
This dreamy all-inclusive resort on Seven-Mile Beach welcomes families but also offers a special adults-only section with romantic beachfront honeymoon suites, plus:
- 285 oceanview suites, including swim-up suites
- 6 restaurants, 5 bars, and 3 swim-up bars
- Kids’ and teen activities
- Watersports, scuba diving, deep sea fishing, rum and wine tasting, yoga and pilates, beach volleyball, cooking classes, live entertainment, and more
- Full-service spa
- Fitness center
For a true luxury wedding experience, the “Exclusively You” package at Azul ($9950 for up to 60 people) ensures that you are the only wedding on-site at that time and includes a private beach reception location plus a host of VIP perks for you and your guests. You can also design your custom celebration with their wedding planner, and they offer a variety of honeymoon packages as well.
Moon Palace Jamaica (Ochos Rios)
- 700+ rooms and suites
- 6 restaurants and a 24-hour café
- 24-hour room service
- Outdoor and indoor pools and a kids’ splash area
- Watersports, scuba diving, and land sports
- Flowrider Double Wave Simulator for surfing
- Kids’ playroom and teen club
- Gaming center and arcade
- Local tours and excursions, including swimming with dolphins
- World-class entertainment
- A nightclub
- One of the largest spas in Jamaica
Moon Palace offers a vast array of ceremony and reception options, including a complimentary wedding package with a minimum stay of 7 nights. This package includes a wedding specialist, minister, wood arch and ceremony table, sparkling wine for toasts, an audio system, semi-private dinner reservation for up to 30 guests, breakfast in bed the morning after the ceremony, and a complimentary honeymoon package. Or design your own celebration and choose from several different locations, including the North Gazebo, Starlight Terrace, North Deck, or South gazebo, all with gorgeous ocean views; beachfront on South Beach; poolside at the Pier 8 Terrace; the Sun Garden or the South Deck; or an elegant ballroom.
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort and Spa (Lucea)
Located on the northeast coast between two of Jamaica’s most popular towns, this impressive all-inclusive resort welcomes families and couples with:
- Suites with private balconies and terraces
- 4 beaches
- Adults-only and family-friendly pools, including the largest pool in Jamaica
- 11 restaurants, 17 bars (including swim-up), and a disco
- 24-hour room service
- Watersports and land sports
- Live music
- Children and teen clubs
- Spa and wellness center
- Access to sister resort the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton
Grand Palladium offers multiple wedding packages to meet every style, starting with the intimate, budget-friendly “Lovebirds” ($1200 for up to 10 guests). All packages include dedicated wedding planner, sound system, sparkling wine toast, dinner reservation, special turndown service, breakfast in bed, late check-out, honeymoon amenities, a wedding gift, spa service discount plus free access to the hydrotherapy area, and a choice of location: the dramatic Angels Atrium, Sunset Cove Pavilion, or beachfront under a pergola.
How much does it cost to get married in Jamaica?
Jamaica is one of the most affordable places for a destination wedding in the world. Prices for weddings in Jamaica range based on the resort you choose and what sort of wedding you want. If you want a low-key affair with just a few close friends and family members, many Jamaica resorts offer complimentary wedding packages if you stay there for a minimum number of nights (usually at least 3). All you need to pay for are your room nights, a government licensing and an administration fee of $250, and any extras you want to add to the package. Here are some examples of destination wedding packages offered by resorts in Jamaica.
Here are some examples of destination wedding packages offered by resorts in Jamaica.
Couples Resorts (two locations in Ocho Rios and two in Negril)
The One Love Package at Couples Resorts is free with a 3-night minimum stay. It includes a personal wedding planner, choice of location on the beach or in tropical gardens, sparkling wine and a wedding cake serving up to 6 people, bridal bouquet and groom’s boutonniere, professional photographer and one free 8×10 print, wedding officiant, and marriage certificate. This package is good for up to four guests.
The Tropical Weddings package for up to ten guests costs just $750 and includes all of the above items plus flower arrangements, decorations, and a couples’ massage.
Even the most luxurious option is affordable. The Private Island Wedding package ($4750 plus fees for up to 40 guests) offers a personal wedding coordinator, a private ceremony on the gorgeous Tower Isle, a wedding officiant, a wedding gazebo decorated with fresh flowers, a bridal bouquet, and a groom’s boutonniere, a one-hour open bar with hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, a two-tiered designer wedding cake or cupcakes, a private mento band for one hour of the reception, a deluxe two-hour photoshoot and 24 5×7 prints plus a wedding album and CD of all purchased images, marriage certificate, a reserved rehearsal dinner area in the resort’s main restaurant, couples’ massage, private dinner on the beach, “Just Married” breakfast in bed service, and one complimentary night’s stay toward an anniversary visit.
All Couples Resorts packages must be booked at least 60 days in advance of your stay.
Sandals Resorts (6 locations in Montego Bay, Negril, Ochos Rios, and South Coast in Whitehouse)
Sandals Resorts also offer a free wedding package with a minimum stay of 3 nights. Their free package includes a personal wedding planning team; a 5×7 wedding photograph; a two-tiered wedding cake; table settings of white linen, silver, and crystal; a cocktail reception with sparkling wine and hors d’oeuvres; a signature cocktail for the bride and groom; marriage paperwork; romantic turndown service with flower petals on the first evening of your honeymoon; breakfast in bed with mimosas; and a honeymoon dinner with white-glove service in one of the resort’s specialty restaurants.
If you stay 7 nights or longer, you get Premium Perks which are credits toward administrative and license fees, a room upgrade, photography packages, and amenities. If you book 5 or more guest rooms, you can add “Bells and Whistles” such as tiki torches, a sangria bar, and a lobster wedding dinner.
A unique feature of Sandals weddings is their stunning over-the-water Wedding Chapel, available at the Montego Bay location, the Ochi location in Ocho Rios, and the South Coast location at Whitehouse (for an extra charge). Perched above the gloriously blue water, the chapels have panoramic views and a glass floor aisle.
What is the best month to get married in Jamaica?
December to April are the best months to get married in Jamaica in terms of having good weather. The ideal times are November to December and mid-April to May; because that is the shoulder season, both prices and crowds are less. In the summer, the weather is hotter and rainier, and you run the risk of hurricanes, but prices are lower.
Ashley has always loved to explore new places and indulges her passion for travel whenever she can. She has been to 12 countries and 32 states so far.
Ashley has worked as a freelance writer for more than 20 years, specializing in the areas of travel, marketing, personal development, and the pursuit of happiness.
Favorite destinations include Sorrento and Capri, Italy; Haarlem, Netherlands; Paris; Sydney and K’gari, Australia; Rotorua and Waiheke Island, New Zealand; the American West; Palm Beach; the Florida Keys; and her hometown of New Orleans. Ashley has a goal of visiting every state plus many more international destinations.